Friday, December 5, 2014

So I went to the bar and met found my forever...

So I went to the bar last summer with a few friends.. In reality I didn't even really want to go, but Kadence was out of town with family and I really didnt feel like spending another Saturday at home alone so after a ton of "BUT YOU HAVE TO GO's" I ended up going.. I am so happy that I went! I found my forever at that bar! 


 See all those pictures above? The first one on the left is me happy as could be at the bar that I didnt want to go to! It was a paint party! And it was a friggin blast! The one in the middle is me and the best friend right as I got paint in my mouth! That was not so much fun! The picture on the bottom is Me and new HUBs dancing with each other with both our other bestie that were dancing as well 

 This was our first christmas together

 Here's New Years


And then we get to the fun stuff! He proposed to me I believe February 12th, 2014. It's a ridiculous story actually, I was trying to smother him when he pulled me off of him and asked me to marry him ;) 


From there came the planning! I tried on sooo many dresses! Below are some pictures of SOME of the ones I tried on, not even all of them! 






^^ I really really like that dress but the beading and the lace made it really really itchy! That is why I am walking like I am a beefy mofo in the first picture!


 ^ That dress was ok but it just wasnt doing it for me

 



^ I was actually far from thrilled with this dress I only tried it on because HUBs niece picked it out







^ I actually loved this dress, except my favorite part of it was that it was really soft and fluffy on the bottom, I couldnt sell the dress to myself just for the texture but I still had a blast in the dress!








^That dress was gorgeous and I loved everything about it except for the extreme itchyness of it! Comfort was super important to me!








And then there was this dress ^^^ I really really loved everything about this dress! It was gorgeous and comfy and super light weight! That was really important to me! We were having an outside wedding and my dress couldnt weigh a billion pounds!  Only catch was that everyone around me didnt like it. They said it was far to simple for me.. :(  SO I continued to try on dresses







 ^^ I found this dress and was in love with everything about it except the price! I knew that this was going to be the dress that I wanted to get! I was just going to buy it somewhere else!


But that did not stop me from trying on a few more dresses :)










I really didnt like that ^^ dress! I thought that it was the ugliest thing in the world but the sales lady insisted that once I got it on I would fall in love with it and have to have it! I tried it on and guess what I still hated it! 




So there I was ready to buy my dress but refusing to spend $1000 on a dress that I would only being wearing once!  I had every intention on buying it online from China, I had it all mapped out as to when I had to order it by so that it would have plenty of time to get to me and then if something happened I would still have time to go out and get something different. 


One day I was invited to a bridal show... I didnt really feel like going to it but I figured that I might as well. It was 3 months until the wedding and I still had somethings that I needed to figure out. I took bestfriend with me and when we walked in and looked up the stair case we saw this gorgeous dress on display! I went up to look at it and was asking about it only to find out that it was being raffled off.. So best friend and I went on to buy some raffle tickets for it figuring why not might as well try... We bought a total of $15 worth of tickets and went on about our day.  Guess what? I won that dress! It was a $1500 Maggie Sottero dress,and it was mine!!!!

I have a feeling that the lady drew my name on purpose, I had been talking to her and told her our story about how we were trying to pay for everything on our own and that I needed to work some extra hours at work to make sure I would be able to order my dress in time because the wedding was in three months and I still didnt have a dress! 

 




 

 Either way that dress was GORGEOUS and it was MINE! 


The date was set, I had a dress and a location I was good to go :) 

We had our ceremony out at my grandma's house and it was gorgeous! We walked in the rain, it rained during our ceremony and amazingly enough stopped as we were saying our vows!


After that we had our reception at his mom's house, who by the way is absolutely amazing! I adore her! She was so much help! 

All in all it was the time of my life but I am so happy that I will never have to do that again! 











I changed into that awesome little dress for our reception because my big poofy dress was surpisingly heavy when it was soaking wet!




On a side note though I wanted to share with you what I had originally planned on wearing for my dress, I even had a lady that was going to make it for me! 





Also we barely spent any money on our wedding so if you have any wedding planning questions feel free to ask away! I will give all the advice I possibly can! 


No comments:

Post a Comment