Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pray For My Daddy.

My dad is in the hospital with pancreatitus. I didn't know what that was until I found out that he has it. I did a lot of research on it.

The pancreas basically makes acid that is typically released in the small intestine but in his case he has a massive build up of it in his pancreas and it is releasing in his pancreas. This is causing him to be in excrutiating pain even with a morphine drip. They are treating this by basically trying to his pancreas to shut down so that it will stop making the enzymes that are being released in the wrong place. He has been there since monday around noon. He hasnt been aloud to eat or drink anything in attempt to shut down the pancreas. He is still in horrible pain and is now having issues breathing. They had him on oxygen when I went to see him tuesday night. I just found out that he had been moved to the ICU because his stats arent staying up  where they need to be! THey hadnt been able to determine if he had acute pancreatitis or severe acute pancreatitis or chronic pancreatitis. With the extreme drop in stats and having basically no progress we are all leaning towards severe acute pancreatitis or chronic.

I am so worried about my dad. He has always been the strong one in my life. He has always been there for me to pick me up when i am down and now he is really sick and all I can do is cry. I tried talking to bestie about it but she fluffed me off because she just had her baby. I understand that she just had her baby. But her baby is going to be here for a very long time, my dad could die from this. I just need someone to comfort me right now and nobody seems to understand that

No comments:

Post a Comment